If you require a dental emergency this festive season and can't find a dentist, we have some tips for you!
- Apply ice to the cheek around the affected area - This will help to ease any swelling
- Take a recommended dose of anti inflammatory medication to help the pain (ibuprofen, paracetamol)
- Avoid sweet and hard foods!
- If an adult tooth has come out, try putting the tooth back in place, if unsuccessful, store the tooth in milk - this helps to stop the tooth from drying out.
- If a tooth is cracked or broken, keep any parts of the teeth that have come out and get in touch with a dentist as soon as possible.